Thursday 27 August 2009

End of summer?





I can't believe a little over a week ago we were basking in glorious sunshine and experiencing one of those hot, dusty, sunshiny days that haven't appeared enough (if at all) this summer. I grabbed the camera, tripod and next door's dog, Fudge, and took off for the day. We started early and were at Benbow Pond, just outside Midhurst, by 8am. I 'd thought that having a dog for company was going to present certain challenges (in terms of my ability, or lack of it, to take photos) but exactly the opposite turned out to be true. However, my ability to get out of bed early certainly restricted the early morning shots I was hoping to get - mist on water and all that - a return visit will be required.

However, I was rewarded by a stunning evening at West Marden, 5 miles north of Chichester, where my cousin was finishing the harvest. I joined him and the team for tea and took the opportunity to take some photos of the last field being combined. A real end of summer feeling. Am now planning to go back and practice my 'interiors photography' in their stunning holiday cottage & B&B - highly recommended and his wife, Carole, was recently rewarded Friendliest Landlady in Britain! How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment