Thursday 17 September 2009

Food, Glorious Food





I've had great excitement in the last week with the arrival, finally, of my new camera and lens. This is the beginning of a whole new world of photography for me and I'm already very excited about what they both can do. At the moment there seems to be a general lack of time in my life, so without even looking at the manuals (only available on-line - really annoying) I set off to the Ludlow Food Festival to have some fun with it.

Ludlow prides itself on staging the best Food Festival of it's kind in the country - and I'd have to agree with them. It was a glorious day, hordes of people and the queues were enough to put off the most patient of man-kind. So, my friend and I decided to relax and let the atmosphere take over and we had the most delightful day - tasting everything we could get our greedy paws on - from cheese to meats and from locally brewed ales to the finest of wines. My camera came out whenever there was a gap in the crowd and I had great fun capturing a few close-ups of delicious stuff. Food photography..... now there's a thought!

2 comments:

  1. I love these shots Lou, incredible! Could well imagine these in a cook book or on the front of a recipe card. Have you ever tried any shots of drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lou they are fab shots. Love them. Sounds like you had a great time at Ludlow. Is this an annual event?

    ReplyDelete